Tuesday, May 13, 2008

SL Careers- Exotic Dancer

"It's only pixels."- Porsha Gears, SL Exotic Dancer



It's late on Friday night as SL Resident Porsha Gears replaces her glamorous day-wear with a hot and sexy police uniform and heads out to Club Def.

Porsha isn't on duty protecting the premises, her plans for the evening are even more exciting. Porsha is an SL Exotic Dancer.

She works the pole and swings those hips, batting those brilliant brown eyes at club patrons while adding the sizzle to the Club Def's hip hop atmosphere.


But Porsha isn't the only one hot enough to use her virtual assets to sustain her virtual lifestyle, many more women are joining SL and using their dance skills to bring in the Lindens.

The 23-year-old graduate student from New York joined SL after hearing about it in one of her classes.

"The SL experience began as an experiment. It has turned into a bit more than that," Porsha says. "I began with viewing this from the perspective of virtual social spaces- right. But it's become much more than that. I belong to several communities here in SL."

Besides meeting people and hanging out with her SL friends, Porsha admits that she has a shopping habit that costs her between 500 and 1000 Lindens per day.

"I don't think that's a lot. I love fashion!" Porsha admits. "I think it's fun, plus there are tons of stores in SL."

If you're really a part of the SL community, you have a home that you own or pay rent for and you have to change clothes everytime you go out. You can either get a job on SL or buy virtual money (Lindens) with your real money to pay for the things you want to do.


Being an SL exotic dancer supports Porsha's SL lifestyle."You can make as much as you work, but it really depends on the club and the club's patrons," Porsha says. "Some clubs people do not tip, whereas others, the owners make sure you are taken care of. But the most I have made is 1400L in one night and it does support my lifestyle. I'm living rent free right now in a house so, no worries."

There's no real danger involved with being an exotic dancer, according to Porsha. It's all about the image, she says.

"As I get dressed I wonder if my gear is too whorish, then I remember that it's only pixels. But the cutier the outfit hopefully the better the tips. In SL we don't dance as an art- we dance and we have the responsibility of looking good. When I hop on the pole it's fun, I enjoy it. It's exciting and the added benefit is that it helps pay my SL bills."

In real life men have typically turned their backs on women who dance at clubs but Porsha says that men embrace the career choice in SL.

"Guys are always tryin to holla- after all it's SL. I mean I've had several guys who are looking for SL slaves and they want me to do it-- but I'm not that girl. I've met guys that just want to chat and be friends, some that want the red light special --- again I'm not the red light special girl," she says with a laugh.

"I don't really have to work in SL," Porsha explains. "I do it because it's fun and I like the people at the club I'm working for."

Porsha tosses her head back and grins. "Dancing is fun! Want a lap dance?"

No comments: